Sunday 11 March 2018

Ups and Downs

 Frittata, Prawn Burger and sweet potato fries, Roast Cauliflower and Chicken Salad

Why do Mondays to Fridays drag and Saturdays/Sundays whizz by in a flash?? *sighs*  Last week was a dreadful one work wise ending with me being punched by one of my pupils *sighs again*  Ah well, just 3 more weeks until the Easter holidays.

In a effort to get myself fit and healthy before going to Australia in July (I don't want a repeat of 'She needs a bigger wetsuit!!') 😲 I've signed up to do The Body Coach's 90 day Plan.  I already eat healthily (most of the time) and I go the gym but I've not been able to shift the weight I wanted.  So something had to be changed.  It's a programme of nutritionally balanced meals tailored to me and 5 different HIIT workouts.

Bagel with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, BBQ meatballs and NY Style Steak and Eggs

So far I am loving the food!!  In fact there is so much food I sometimes struggle with the portions.  I already meal prepped so that bit is easy.  I've adjusted my gym workouts to HIIT sessions and do a couple of extra ones at home when I get in from work.  It's not a weight loss plan, more of a lose fat/gain muscle plan!

It's not for everyone but I need to do something to shock my body into action.  My weight has been yoyoing this past year and I just feel I need a completely different approach.  I'm one week into the first 30 day cycle and so far so good. 

8 comments:

  1. Well done you! I still haven’t recovered my oomph from the flu and am struggling to do very much. I have some good days and some exhausted days and I could win gold for procrastination. Sorry to hear work is not good-I still bear the marks of being kicked by a five year old about 6 weeks before I retired. Have a hood week and focus on the fitness-it’s good for the soul. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it takes ages for the oomph to come back. Trying to focus on becoming healthier xxx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with it. I look forward to reading how it's all going.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely children...as my daughter says...should have doomed to fail tattooed on their forehead. I don't know how these children are going to cope in the real world when people start retaliating. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parents are totally to blame in this case, in complete denial about the cause of the behaviour. I can only do so much xxx

      Delete
  4. I understand what you're saying about the parents often being the cause of inappropriate behavior. I worked 27 years in behavior classes and the last 10 years with moderate to severe autistic children. You name the assault/injury, I've had it.. After having 2 shoulder surgeries-torn rotator cuffs- all job related-it was time to call it quits. I retired 7 years ago and don't miss it one little bit. Your body can only take so much!!!
    Good luck with the new regime for fitness. You sound like you are very committed to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wee one is definitely ASD but parents haven't wanted to hear what we've been saying since he arrived at school. We've only just started the referral process but it takes a long time to get a diagnosis. Until then I get very little support in the classroom.

      I'm actually enjoying the 90 day plan (so far)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks