Sunday 7 January 2018

Pizza!!!


I really miss proper pizza.  It's about as gluten-y and dairy as you can get in one meal.  You can buy GF pizza in most supermarkets and it's nice (expensive too!) and some of the big pizza chains are doing GF and vegan cheese now (very expensive!!)  But I used to love making my own pizza especially as it's really cheap/frugal.


So I was browsing Pinterest for ideas to use up this GF puff pastry my lovely mum had given me (£1.85 from Asda).  As soon as I saw some pizza  I knew it was the winner 🍕


It even came already shaped into a pizza shape.  I didn't have any tomato puree so I used a thin smear of ketchup all over the base.  I grated some hard goat's cheese and sprinkled it all over.  I roasted a red and green pepper and scattered slices over the cheese.  I also had some soft goat's cheese so put some blobs over it too.  10 mins in a very hot oven and it was amazing!!  Crispy on the edge and soft in the middle.

Apart from a wee burnt bit at the back (my oven doesn't distribute heat evenly) it was spot on and fulfilled my pizza craving.  I'll definitely be doing this again!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh it really was! Rather pleased with myself :-)

      Delete
  2. I love this time of year when we crave simple foods, we made another huge batvh of veg soup today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm having soup every day just now :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh, that looks soooo good. I've just been talking tonight about how I must try making my own pizzas and this has given me the nudge I need. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, give it a go and see if you like it!

      Delete
  4. It looks absolutely delicious!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had just said to DH when we were shopping about making a pizza. We used a tortilla each and piled on veg and some leftover cheese. It was delish and satusfied my craving. Just made an enormous pan of soup today and waiting for it to cool and be portioned up. Yum. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Hamish McWotsit arrived yesterday thank you! I mean the Scottie brooch! Jackie

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks