Thursday 11 January 2018

10p bargains


Thursdays are gym nights and sometimes OH needs to pop in to Sainsbury's on the way back. If we time it right the yellow stickers get their final markdown after 8pm.  Tonight I got lucky!  A 2kg bag of potatoes and 2 one pot vegetable meals for just 10p each!

There were lots of the one pot things, chopped up vegetables in different sauces.  Original cost £2.60!!! I suspect they haven't sold well because of the cost and the fact they're not microwavable.  You just add the contents to a pot with a tin of tomatoes and simmer for 25 min.

For 10p I thought I'd give them a try!

11 comments:

  1. Just curious, from here in the USA, does the store absorb the loss on these items? Are they subsidized? Or are they overpriced to begin with? I've never seen bargains like that here. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's to reduce food waste in supermarkets. They've had a bad press recently amount the amount of wasted food in this economic climate. A few years ago I used to get more bargains at the 10p level but more people look for yellow stickers when they're at 25% off.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really pleased with it :-)

      Delete
  3. Great haul. Leek and tattie soup/ stovies?? World’s your lobster really! Hope you’re settled back in the new term-not long til February break. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eurgh! It's been a loooong week. I'm planning to make potato wedges tomorrow

      Delete
  4. Definitely worth a try for 10p :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, always worth a try for pennies instead of full price!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for providing good information,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks