Saturday 16 September 2017

Some progress


Well, the stove and hearth have been installed but I'm not happy with it.  The opening has been rendered with a rough render that can be left as it is or painted.  I had originally said I would paint it but for some reason they don't allow any time for the painting before installing the actual stove.  Apparently you just 'paint round it once it's dry.'  I did not know that.  I don't want to do that as I don't think the finish will look good.  Plus the application of the rough render is looking rather slapdash. After a very 'robust' telephone conversation and a visit in person to the showroom (where I had to use my teacher voice) 😀 they are returning this week to remove the stove so I can paint the opening.


They also left a big hole in the chimney breast as my chimney isn't straight and it narrows to one side. They had to knock out a hole to guide the liner in.  Luckily the whole wall is being replastered but I'm not too impressed with this company's work or their customer service skills.  And they weren't happy when I told them that!!  But as I pointed out I'm paying them a large amount of my money for a 'quality product and service' (their words!!) and so far I'm not getting that.  Fingers crossed it goes better this week!

Progress is slow but at least it's progress!

6 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for 'teacher voices' and 'teacher looks'. I hope you don't have to use them too often this coming week.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear you've hired cowboysrus! Good luck, I think you might need it.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They're actually a well established reputable company locally. That's why I used them instead of the cowboys my neighbour used. That's why I'm not standing for less than excellence!

      Delete
  3. They do look and sound very slapdash! Do they do the HETAS certificate for you? Hope they do! I'm sure it will all be sorted for Winter though, think of the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do all the paperwork stuff. I know it will be worth it in the end but I'm just impatient!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks