Saturday 25 March 2017

Another year older


I celebrated another birthday this week 🎂  It was just a normal work day and then my lovely mum, my aunt and 2 of my boys came to visit at night.  OH was working away so I hadn't planned anything fancy.  Mum brought a selection of buffet foods and pizza for the boys so it was a lovely easy night.  I even had a GF birthday cake!


Imagine my surprise when these gorgeous flowers arrived at work for me!! Most unlike OH but a lovely gift that really made my day 💑 And it gave the kids something to talk about!! 


Today was a beautiful sunny day.  A tropical 17 degrees C!!  The girls had a lovely time free ranging while I potted up some blackcurrant bushes and did a bit of weeding.  This is them sharing a dust bath.  I even had my lunch outside!


And Emma just loves lying in the sunshine as long as she has company.  She's happy to be outside with me when I'm just pottering but every time I went inside she followed me!

The clocks go forward tonight ⏰ Even though we lose an hour it really makes a difference getting up in the mornings.  Spring is on the way and it's the last week of term. I can just about hang on for 5 more teaching days then I have 2 weeks and a day off! 🎉🎉🎉

8 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. It sounds like a lovely time. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really looking forward to the break :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! It has been lovely today, we managed to eat outside too, It has been cathartic being able work in the soil and sow seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Such a simple act really does give so much pleasure :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, it was a lovely day yesterday, we had an afternoon in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And another lovely day again today :-)

      Delete
  4. WIshing you a very Happy Birthday. Hasn't the weather been wonderful, I've had lunch outside both Saturday and today and like you been pottering in the garden. We'll take it hard when normal weather resumes! Enjoy your break, I'm sure you'll be ready for it. x ps thank you for advice on chicken bone stock. :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the sun was out for your birthday :-)

    Our dogs are the same lounge around in the sun but then if I go inside for something they follow me in and then back out again. I feel guilty for disturbing them.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks