Wednesday 14 February 2018

Going bananas


Hooray!  I'm on half term holiday 😁 I survived 2 staff development days and now I have 3 whole days to rest/catch up on my life.  I rescued some bananas from the bin (!) at work.  They were leftover from last week's healthy tuck shop but wouldn't get used this week as there's no kids in school.  So I said I'd have them!!


This morning I whipped up a batch of my pancakes for the freezer  (recipe HERE ) and tried a new banana bread recipe.  It was delicious and got OH's approval too!

Original Chickpea Flour Banana Bread recipe HERE

My version:

1 cup gram/chickpea flour
1/2 cup coconut flour (since I was given a bag by my lovely mum)
1 tsp mixed spice (I didn't have any cinnamon)
1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp icing sugar (I didn't have any other sugar!)

2 eggs
1 and 1/2 cup ripe mashed bananas
2tbsp rapeseed oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, mix everything else in another then add to the dry bowl.  Gently mix and put in loaf tin.  Bake for about 40 mins at Gas 4.  I didn't hear my timer beep, oops!  So it was in the oven about an oven, still tasted good despite the well done top!

Even though there's a little sugar in it next time I'll try it with some honey instead of sugar to make it healthier.

I still have 6 bananas left to use up so I can go bananas another day too!

8 comments:

  1. Love the banana bread recipe, thank you, and you can always freeze the rest until needed/wanted.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banana bread looks very yummy. Enjoy your well earned days off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was yummy. I think it tastes better when warm (as all GF cakes seem to be!) Thanks, I am making the most of my time off

      Delete
  3. This is when a dehydrator comes in handy :)

    Mind you, can't beat a banana sandwich!

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was thinking about dehydrating the rest!

      Delete
  4. Banana chutney is good, and I made some stoning banana wine a few years ago :) The goats loved all the skins, or you can use them chopped small around roses for the phosphorous to help the flowering. I did try 'mock banana' from parsnips and favouring - was ok (ish lol )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I saw the mock banana on a blog recently, didn't fancy it!! Might actually try chutney

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks