Tuesday 2 August 2016

A different spag bol


I'm steadily working my way through my freezer.  I really fancied a spaghetti bolagnais for tea last night but had no minced beef.  But I did have 4 very nice beefburgers (yellow stickered of course).  And this fancy carton of chopped tomatoes was a freebie that my eldest son got in a delivery.  I didn't realise until I opened it that it had other veggies in it.  Bonus!!

I defrosted the burgers then mashed them up a bit, it's just minced beef any way.  Then made the meat sauce in my usual way adding red split lentils and grated carrot. I didn't need to add anything else as the tomatoes already had seasoning.  (I usually add Worcester sauce, mixed herbs and ketchup)


It was rather nice with my GF spaghetti.  Tasted different from my usual sauce but in a good way. I got 4 portions so there are now 3 in the freezer, 1 more for me and 2 for eldest son.  He had his annual assessment for the DWP yesterday so fingers crossed he doesn't lose any more money.


Since I turned 50 I've been making a better effort to look after myself but kept forgetting to regularly take my daily multivitamin tablet.  This morning I finally worked out how to remember to take it. Keep some in my coffee jar!!  I only drink coffee in the morning so will take one out when I make my first cup and have it with my breakfast.  Feeling rather pleased with myself!!

7 comments:

  1. Good tip about the coffee jar, I like that. I use burgers for all sorts of things if I've got them and no mince, great standby.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reminder for your pills, it's the sort of thing I would have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really want to keep the box on the worktop but even when I did I STILL forgot to take it!! I need to take it with food so I've only got 3 chances to remember. Fingers crossed this helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks lovely, i keep my thyroid meds next to the tea caddy, as the first thing i do in the morning is brew up, then i dont forget to take my pills :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea with the pills in the jar. Your bol looks very satisfying too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea to keep daily pills in your coffee jar. Mine would have to be kept in the tea caddy as I'm not a fan of coffee. I also love the improv' on bolognaise using burgers, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I've never thought of mashing up a burger to return it to it's minced state for a recipe ... simple but ingenious :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks