Sunday 20 March 2016

A blue day!


It was a lovely sunny day here with a clear blue sky so I took the chance to get some outdoor painting done.  I added my 3rd raised bed to the front of the house.  It's the one on the left of this pic.  It just needs to be filled with compost/soil now.  I also painted the trellis.  I'm hoping to get a clematis to climb up it this summer.


This is what the original 2 beds looked like before painting.  I brought them from my old house so they're about 6 or 7 years old now.  As you can see from the yellow flower the pak choy has gone to seed so it was pulled out.  My leeks, kale and purple sprouting broccoli are still doing ok.


 I gathered all my blue pots together.  Just need to fill them now.
 

Let me out mum, I can help!!


It was a lovely day with lots of people passing by and commenting on the blue colour :-) After painting I pruned back loads of plants including the Hebe obscuring the middle bed.  My brown bin is full of weeds and twigs ready for collection this week.

A very satisfying blue day with lots of bees and ladybirds :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar blue on the shed and the oil tank fence here - looks lovely with a purple clematis growing over it - not a combination that would immediately spring to mind, but it works. Sadly I don't think the clematis survived the ravages of someone trying to 'help' :( Love your raised beds, it's amazing the amount of stuff you can grow in them :) Look forward to more gardening pics :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks