Wednesday 15 July 2015

Week 2 randomness

 
My mood's been a bit up and down this last week.  I've been doing loads of decluttering and getting pretty annoyed with myself for letting my home and garden get into such a disorganised mess.  And then I get really annoyed with myself for putting so much time and effort into a job where it's clearly not appreciated *sighs* Funny how rejection stirs up old stuff you thought you'd dealt with and spills into your day to day life *sighs again* I came across this quote which helps.
 
"As I look back on my life, I realise that every time I thought I was being rejected, I was actually being redirected to something better." Steve Maraboli

 
So I've been doing some relaxing by knitting!  I've added another 20 wee squares to my sock yarn leftovers blanket and I'm really enjoying watching it grow.
 
 
I just happened to be in Homebase yesterday and saw lots of bargains.  I wasn't looking for light shades but at that price I bought 3!  I still have bare bulbs in some rooms so the white shades will go in any room.


My dining hall is one of those rooms!  Notice the broken coving in the background.  One day I came home from work and found it had fallen clean off the wall.  I have a long list of annoying wee jobs like that.

 
Lovely fresh fruit and veg from the garden although I had to fight the weeds to get to them.
 
Ok, moan over. Onwards and upwards!

4 comments:

  1. Those lamp shades are lovely! We've had mangetout and peas already from the garden, but you are ahead of us for raspberries, that's a good bowlful you've got there! I assisted coving glue with a few panel pins when I had to put coving up, stops it falling down and you waiting for the glue to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get in quick before the wee birds steal my rasps!!

    The coving was put up by the previous owner and quite a while ago judging by the décor so was a bit concerned that it just fell down. It's not urgent but when I get round to it I'll be using pins too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is strange how easily we can be knocked back after so many steps forward, but I am sure in the long run you will realise it was for the best (or at least constructive). I am glad you have been able to harvest something from your garden; I have had one green been but about half a dozen lush strawberries and a couple of young courgettes. Have a few things developing but it is only from about 6 pots. Hope you are feeling more positive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all progress even if it doesn't seem so at the time, even going through bad stuff teaches us things, great to be getting produce from the garden, ours is so slow, such a cold July up here :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks