Saturday 20 December 2014

Secret Santa and partying

 
Yesterday was the last day of term.  Woohoo!! Like most places we do a Secret Santa instead of giving gifts to each other.  This was mine!  I was really touched at the effort that someone put into it. A wee basket full of gluten and dairy free goodies and a wee bottle of wine.  I really do work with some fabulous people and fingers crossed I get the job.

Last night was our staff night out.  We went to a local hotel for a party night (dinner and a live band)  These can either be a great night out or pretty awful.  Luckily for us, it was a great night out.  The food was good (clearly labelled gluten free options) and the band were good (if a bit past their sell by date!!)  My stage partner (who is younger than my 2 oldest sons!!!) had been stressing all week about what to wear.  Me, I just pulled out my one reasonably trendy but smart dress and kitten heels that must be about 8 or 9 years old, tousled my hair and put on some lippy.  And I didn't look out of place!

This morning I have ringing in my ears (music was soooo loud!!) and my feet are sore from dancing.  I don't really do parties or 'nights out' any more, preferring to snuggle up on the sofa with OH at the weekend.  I had a great time but won't be rushing to repeat the experience soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks