Sunday 16 March 2014

Progress


 
My first daffodils!!! They always make me feel like Winter is nearly over, Spring is finally on its way :-) I have no idea what's in my garden so these were a lovely surprise.  I love wee tete a tetes, they're so delicate. 
 
 
It feels like I'm finally making progress in the house.  Here's my new kitchen cupboard.  Just MDF which will be painted with Annie Sloan chalk paint and waxed.
 





It was designed round my need to have somewhere to store my Dyson and ironing board.  Seriously!!


 
It's not this empty now!! So far I've got my breadmaker, mixer, steamer and slow cooker in there plus some dried foods.  This will be my central storecupboard. I'll gradually move everything in it that should be in a kitchen that's currently residing elsewhere in the house *rolls eyes*
 
 
 
I've not been lucky with my yellow stickers recently but did find these in Sainsbury's freezer section yesterday.  Should be £2.99 but reduced to 50p, beef in gravy and chicken in sauce.  Use by date is November 2014 so will last.  I got 3 boxes.  Haven't tasted them yet so don't know what they're like.  I also recently picked up a couple of frozen stuffed turkey breast joints and wee sausages wrapped in bacon from their frozen section.  Both massively reduced (can't remember exact prices) and well within use by dates.  I guess they're clearing out their Christmas stock.
 
M&S were doing it too the other week so I got hugely reduced vacuum packed chestnuts (LOVE these!) and brandy sauce which is just fancy custard.  The chestnuts will go in a nut roast.  Yum yum!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful kitchen cupboard! It's so nice to have all the appliances in one central place. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks