Saturday 2 March 2013

Nearly there....


The yucky orange wardrobes and skirting took 3 coats of cream paint!!!  But they do look fab now so it was worth the effort.


My mum found some unused curtain linings in her cupboard in a cream colour so I've used these instead to make curtains.  They were very long so I chopped them in half, stitched them together, added a broad border in Amy Butler fabric and re used the curtain tape from the old curtains.  I've finished one so just the other one to finish by tomorrow.  I used an old bookcase hidden away in a cupboard and found a fold up chair in the garage.  Both Ikea products.  The room is nearly ready for the big reveal :-)


Found this bag of frozen veg in the supermarket last week.  Normally £1.49 for 700g but it was a 2 for £2.50 deal!  It's a finely chopped mix of carrots, onions and celery.  I tested them last night in my Split Pea and Lentil soup.


It would have taken me ages to prep this by hand.  I slow cooked it overnight in the crockpot. It smells lovely. I'll report back on how it tastes after I've had it for my lunch!

I added up my monthly food and petrol totals for February (see sidebar) Oh dear!!  Must try harder this month.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks