Tuesday 11 December 2012

It's beginning.....

.....to look a lot like Christmas! :-)  I was feeling very Christmassy yesterday when I found my box of cookie cutters so I knocked up a batch.  They're just flour, sugar, butter and golden syrup.  So easy to make and taste yummy!
 


I might make some gingerbread ones next week.  I'd love to hang some from my tree but I suspect the dogs would be too tempted!!



I bottled my blackcurrant vodka yesterday (see my snow out the window?)  The blackcurrants were from my mum's garden (I had hardly any this year) and had been lurking in the freezer before I added them to vodka and sugar.  They've been steeping quietly in a cupboard for a month.

I also have a bottle of toffee vodka on the go as well but I'm not happy with it yet.  Think I'll need to add more toffees to it to get the desired consistency.

I like to make up gift baskets containing jams, chutney and a wee bottle of something alcoholic for family and friends.  Easy, inexpensive and always appreciated by the recipients

1 comment:

  1. I would love the biscuit recipe if you don't mind. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks